|Address||2-44-1, Kabuki-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan 160-8488|
Only Japanese is available for inquiries and reservation by phone
|Number of beds||304|
Charter of Patient Rights and Responsibilities
With the aim of embodying such belief, Ohkubo Hospital has established the Charter of Patient Rights and Responsibilities. By observing the Charter, we aim to facilitate patients’ spontaneous participation in medical care.
Patients have the following rights and responsibilities.
- Patients have equal rights to receive appropriate medical care.
- Patients have the right to receive medical care that is respectful of their individual characteristics and values, and based on mutually cooperative relationships with medical care providers.
- Patients have the right to receive explanations on their medical condition, clinical course, tests, and treatment in comprehensible language.
- Patients have the right to select the medical care they wish to receive based on adequate explanation and information. Their wish to seek a second opinion shall also be respected.
- Patients have the right to request access to their own medical records.
- Personal information provided by patients for the purpose of receiving medical care shall be kept confidential, and patients’ privacy shall be respected and shall not be violated during their hospital stay.
- With regard to new medical treatment still under development, patients have the right to determine whether or not to undergo such treatment after being adequately informed of the objectives and risks, and to refuse such treatment at any stage without being disadvantaged in any way.
- Patients have the right to be referred to an appropriate medical institution as necessary in order to receive ongoing medical care.
- Patients have a responsibility to provide medical care providers with information concerning their own health that is as accurate as possible.
- Patients have a responsibility to comply with the hospital’s rules in order to ensure that all patients can enjoy a comfortable hospital stay.
Management Philosophy and Areas of Focus
- We steadfastly advance collaborations with local medical institutions to respond to local needs.
- We practice patient-centered medical care by respecting the individuality of each patient.
- We constantly seek to enhance the quality of medical care in order to provide safe and reassuring medical care service to our patients.
- We strive to establish a sound management foundation so as to provide high-quality services on an ongoing basis.
Areas of Focus
- Emergency care (mainly secondary emergency care)
- Lifestyle disease care (medical care related to diseases linked to lifestyle choices)